Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Star Trek XI


http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/19575.html

So this news is a couple weeks old...I just found out about it last night. :-) Star Trek is coming back in the form of a new movie. We all knew it would happen eventually. I don't personally think Star Trek will ever die completely. It's been around for 40 years now and a new movie is coming.

All we know about the new movie is that J.J. Abrams will be directing it. He did Lost, so I have high hopes for his direction of the new Star Trek. It's also been rumored that the movie will be about the young Kirk and Spock and their days at the Academy. That could be interesting, but I'm a little bummed...I would have rather seen a newer one or even a Voyager or Deep Space 9 movie.

But we'll see. There are all kinds of message boards discussing this movie and most are overwhelmed with flame wars about which Trek was the best. I'm reserving all judgment until I see it. This movie could make or break the general public's view of the franchise. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Dude! Couple weeks!! More like couple months!! I known about this for a long time.

    ReplyDelete